Register

Calling all Trekers!! First look film still photos

Yeahh----some photos of some of the various cast members and sets of the new Star Trek film----next May cannot come soon enough for that!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/colle...-photos#photo0
    "Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere..." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Talking Re: Calling all Trekers!! First look film still photos

If I take my truck and fly warp 10 towards the sun, can I slingshot forward in time to make the opening? Umm, do I go clockwise or counter clockwise when I get to the sun.

Resistance is futile....

Zany

Re: Calling all Trekers!! First look film still photos

I think I just had a nerdgasm.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckotter View Post
    I think I just had a nerdgasm.
    omg! I've never heard such a term, but it's perfect!

I would have liked to see another Next Generation cast movie, or perhaps better, the Voyager cast. They had only mixed success going back in the timeline ("Enterprise" never really caught on).

But, yea, I'll be there!

Quote Originally Posted by zanybrainy View Post
    If I take my truck and fly warp 10 towards the sun, can I slingshot forward in time to make the opening? Umm, do I go clockwise or counter clockwise when I get to the sun.

Resistance is futile....

Zany

I wish my truck could move that fast... I can't drive 55 cuz my truck don't go faster than 30... Unless I'm going downhill, then you all need to get outta my way cuz I ain't got brakes either.... But most definately waiting for the movie to arrive...
    Being bisexual doubles your chances for a date...

Codybear

Smile Re: Calling all Trekers!! First look film still photos

I believe that the latest trailer is supposed to be released on Nov. 14th with the new James Bond movie.

Enterprise suffered from really bad concept and writing in the second season. The whole Time War story arc sucked. It really improved dramatically in the 3rd season but by then it was too late.

An Enterprise movie set in the founding of the Federation would be great.

And nerdgasm is a marvelously descriptive term

Quote Originally Posted by Lookngood450 View Post
    Enterprise suffered from really bad concept and writing in the second season. The whole Time War story arc sucked. It really improved dramatically in the 3rd season but by then it was too late.

An Enterprise movie set in the founding of the Federation would be great.

And nerdgasm is a marvelously descriptive term

I agree--it did take the Enterprise show time to "find its legs"--it did get better in the third season and was great in that last season for the most part---I especially loved that two part episode where it was set in the "alternative universe" in which Archer took control of the ship to take control of the Defiant that came back in time from the era of "Classic Trek."

It was pretty shitty though--that the final episode of the show was made part of an episode of "TNG"

The actress that played T'Pau was pretty pissed about that and she was right to have been----it would have been cool to have them jump ahead and had a few episodes on what Archer did to found the Federation. That would have been a good way to have gone out.

God..like lissnin 2 me dad this thread...Kirk this..Picard that..Janeway the otha.. don mind gud bitta science fiction... note..me used the word..gud...

Soz.. cant get worked up bout ne new Star Trek film..been dun 2 death an its borin... soon as Star Trek ne thin came on telly me wos outa the door..PDQ... an in me own house... TF me at least don hav that worry..

Didn mind B5 tho..that wos triff..spesh Linda Christian..didn haff fancy er... tee hee
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

I really like what they've done with it so far. Looking forward to seeing the trailer when it comes out next month. As if I needed another reason to go see Quantum of Solace.
    "The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." -
    Arthur C. Clarke

is the enterprise upside down on that pic or is (was) it a different design?
    be fun to see an enterprise before ncc-1701.

That's a different ship. Other than the teaser trailer that came out earlier in the year, we haven't seen anything of the revamped Enterprise.
    "The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." -
    Arthur C. Clarke

If you read the caption below the pic of the ship "under attack"--it is the USS Kelvin--and that name is explained---this design is one that was one of the original designs way back in the earliest days of Trek for the Enterprise---but not used---but it has been used in some of the Trek lore of the time before classic trek--I even think it was a design for a ship that is featured in a series of books set in the time betwen "Enterprise" and Classic Trek.

I am sorta disspaointed that the set of the bridge looks nothing at all like the sets they had in Classic Trek----I know that with this movie--they have much greater real technological advances and apparently one huge budget--so they have taken liberties with the sets of this film by going well past anything they could have done back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyes View Post
    Didn mind B5 tho..that wos triff..spesh Linda Christian..didn haff fancy er... tee hee
    WTF she??? Ya mean CLAUDIA ya daft tart.... Ivanova wiv the ooo so sexy voice an sultry looks...

'er that wos replaced by 'er wiv the built in sneer...
    Do not think so little of me as to grant me your tolerance. Allow me your acceptance and understanding of who and what I am with the love, respect and dignity with which I do you.

WTF she??? Ya mean CLAUDIA ya daft tart.... Ivanova wiv the ooo so sexy voice an sultry looks...
    Who is also rumoured to have had an affair with the equally lovely Terry Farrell (even though Farrell now denies it).
    Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_C View Post
    Who is also rumoured to have had an affair with the equally lovely Terry Farrell (even though Farrell now denies it).
    That the girl outa Deep Space 9 wiv the gorge smile, markins on er head an long legs?? H8ed the show..luffed 'er lots..Used 2 fancy er an all... not tellya wot me thinkin bout now yas told me that..dus me need 2?? tee hee

That the girl outa Deep Space 9 wiv the gorge smile, markins on er head an long legs?? H8ed the show..luffed 'er lots..Used 2 fancy er an all... not tellya wot me thinkin bout now yas told me that..dus me need 2?? tee hee
    Probably the same thing I'm thinkin' about.
    Arthur C. Clarke

Probably the same thing I'm thinkin' about.
    Sevral diff ways a takin that statement Nick babes..all me sez is ther no way u gonna b involved in ne of em.. tee hee muah...

.. cept mayb as the minder on otha sida the soundproofed door

Sevral diff ways a takin that statement Nick babes..all me sez is ther no way u gonna b involved in ne of em.. tee hee muah...

.. cept mayb as the minder on otha sida the soundproofed door
    Hey, it's my fantasy. I can do whatever I want.
    Arthur C. Clarke

Hey, it's my fantasy. I can do whatever I want.
    tee hee..ya reckon?? Not wen me in close proximity ya cant...

tee hee..ya reckon?? Not wen me in close proximity ya cant...
    Ha, my mind is already there.
    Arthur C. Clarke